We are looking for an enthusiastic Java Developer to join our Software Development team in Athens, Greece.
As a middle-level Java Developer you will join a team of highly skilled developers that work on mission - critical applications and you will be engaged on all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop well engineered, efficient and testable software for new or existing applications
- Understand customer requirements and produce appropriate specifications
- Perform software release management
- Support production systems on a 2nd level
- Contribute to and review the overall projects and systems technical documentation
- Develop unit tests, automated regression tests and handling defects as they occur
- Support and coach junior developers.
The skills we require:
- 4+ years of full time professional Java Development experience is required.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java platforms.
- Experience designing and developing HTTP web services, REST or SOAP
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Linux shell scripting, Maven, Git and CI/CD principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology/ Engineering or science degree in combination with a postgraduate degree in Information Technology.
The following skills will be appreciated:
- Experience with Java Swing
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or Apache httpd/tomcat/CXF stack
- Experience with asynchronous messaging technologies, especially RabbitMQ
- Experience with Oracle Database
Fitting with our team will be easier if you are:
- Strong team player with good communication skills in Greek & English
- Able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines in sometimes challenging situations
- Reliable and dedicated professional with clear thinking and strong attention to detail
- Eager to improve your skills and adopt new technologies
- Passionate to contribute and share new ideas
ATHEXGroup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender age, disability, religion, race, nationality or origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.
We are dedicated to supporting the emotional, physical, financial, and societal wellbeing of our employees. Our benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and pension planning to family benefits, sports and other wellbeing activities.