Athens Exchange Group (ATHEX Group) is currently looking for a Database Administrator, responsible for managing and maintaining our company's databases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade, and patching by following internal processes
- Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of database issues (ex. correcting the installation, configuration, or data problems)
- Monitor, collect statistical information and provide reporting on capacity and system performance
- Analyze database activity to proactively identify and prevent incidents and recommend performance improvements
- Work with developers and other third parties (customers, testers, etc.) to support DBA functions
- Create, maintain, and update internal procedures and documentation for databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Engineering, or science degree in combination with a postgraduate degree in Information Technology
Experience & skills:
- 2+ years of experience working with Databases such as Oracle, MS-SQL, and MySQL
- Familiar with programming languages such as Oracle PL/SQL, MS-SQL T-SQL
- Familiar with data base monitor tools like MS-SCOM, ORACLE Cloud Control
- Knowledge of Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Identity Management will be considered favorably
- Strong analytical skills for problem resolution and knowledge of database performance tuning, clustering, replication, backup, and log shipping
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Highly organized and responsible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Positive attitude, highly motivated, proactive, and a team player
ATHEXGroup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender age, disability, religion, race, nationality or origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We are dedicated to supporting the emotional, physical, financial, and societal wellbeing of our employees. Our benefits are a key part of this commitment, and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and pension planning to family benefits, sports, and other wellbeing activities.